It has been a while since we had more Toys then could fit in the box and the box has gotten bigger over the last few issues. Even so it has happened again and I have more ideas than will fit on the page. This time I have not one but two hooks that did not make the cut.
When Are We?
As the party walks past the pier they feel a strange jolting sensation and look around to realize that the town of Greatbridge has disappeared. A smart enough wizard or other archanist can figure out that they have stumbled through a rip in time and wound up in the past.
1. The party has arrived at the height of the were-kingdom period on the island. The mage in the party is able to calculate when and where the time rift will open again. The party just needs to stay alive long enough to get there.
2. The party has gone back in time to just after the creation of the island and Gravin’s imprisonment there. He is weak and disoriented and gives the party a small amulet and tells them how to get home. When they return to the present he asks them for the amulet back.
3. The party has arrived during the monastery period. The monks want to use the party to help test some of their ideas. The seer is willing to help them escape if they sneak into the monastery and destroy the library.
The Runes in the Ship
The party is looking for a very old magic spell that was rumored to be known only by an evil sorcerer named Gravin. Legend says that he was imprisoned on an island in the southern sea. Their quest has brought them to Pirate Island where they hear stories of a ship filled with ancient magical writing.
1. The spell is indeed carved on the inside of the hull, but as the party starts to copy it a number of coral golem attack them. They need to protect their wizard while he works.
2. Once the spell is cast it summons Gravin and he is bound to do a task for the party but he is off the island.
3. The spell is not where the party thought it would be and their quest must go on. However, there is an old seer on the island who can help them find what they are looking for, but at a price.